A short video showcasing Manchester Cathedral Bees by Adam York Gregory Manchester Cathedral Bees from Adam York Gregory on Vimeo. Bee Hive Cameras We currently have two bee hive cameras upon the flat roof of Manchester Cathedral, click on the play button below to view the bees and their hives. Heavenly Honey produced by our […]Read More
Sir David Richards has become a patron of Volition Community following a visit last year to see the work of this charity. Welcoming Sir David, the Dean of Manchester thanked Sir David for his commitment to this programme which runs from Manchester and Liverpool Cathedrals. Sir David, encouraged at the outcomes of this programme of […]Read More
What a difference a year makes! As I wander through the silence of the Cathedral, making my way to the spiral staircase that will take me to the roof, I am reminded that only a year ago we were celebrating Manchester City’s Premier League title win. The Cathedral was bustling with people and equipment the […]Read More
Volition at Manchester Cathedral has its next open day for candidates on Friday 5th October. This is an innovative, proactive programme which supports all who join with a view to improving lives, building skills, and successfully gaining sustainable employment.
This ten-week programme will facilitate entry to employment through a joint approach of training, volunteering and supported job search.
Open Day Date: Friday 5th October
Location: Cathedral Visitor’s Centre, 10 Cateaton Street, Manchester, M3 1SQ
Eligibility: 19+, JSA, Universal Credit, ESA, other state benefits
· Starts Friday 12th October 2018 for ten weeks
· Full training day on Fridays 10.00-14.30 with The Manchester College
· Half day volunteering (role to be chosen once the course has started)
· Half day supported job club
· Optional cooking classes every two weeks
Key Volunteering Opportunities:
· Welcomer – customer facing role in Manchester Cathedral
· Cenotaph volunteer – customer facing role in the City Centre
· Bee keeping – supporting our bee keepers to care for bees on the Cathedral and Printworks
· Facilities – Cleaning, general housekeeping, and gardening at Manchester Cathedral
Contact for referrals:
Please contact Laura Henshaw on 07950 919 164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or John Emsley on 07710 397 977 or email JEmsley@tmc.ac.uk
We accept referrals from Job Centre Plus Advisors, Motiv8, and self-referrals. If you are referring on behalf of an individual from an organisation not listed above, please get in touch.